BlueBird is looking for an exciting and innovative way to market their latest product, Carnect – a total digital iPod integration and hands-free vehicle solution! This nifty little device allows you to play your iPod through your car radio as well as make and receive Bluetooth hands-free calls. Good news for anyone who doesn’t want to compromise entertainment and efficiency while constantly on-the-go!
In 1500 words, tell us how you would market the Carnect and the best proposal, as decided by our panel of judges, will win, not only this prize valued at R1999 but will also have their marketing proposal published in our next issue. So what are you waiting for? Put pen to paper, brains to work, fingers to keyboard... and let the creative juices flow!
In order to help you come up with your marketing proposal, some of Carnect’s features are listed below:
• Optimum quality sound, as the unit integrates with the car's stereo amplifier
• Hardwired to back of radio (product is fitted behind dashboard so the only part seen is the iPod cable in the cubby hole)
• Fully integrated Bluetooth hands-free kit with externally fitted microphone (phone can be answered using skip forward button on stereo or steering wheel controls)
• Controlled using stereo and steering wheel controls (can still be controlled using the iPod)
• Charges iPod or iPhone
• iPod can be stowed away during play (no messy wires anywhere)
• One year warranty
• Much more affordable than the available equivalent iPod and Bluetooth kits (approximately R3500)
• Available at Incredible Connection Premium stores (R1999 including installation). It is not universally compatible with all cars as it requires the car stereo to have CD shuttle portal at the back of the radio. It is, however, available for the vast majority of VW, Audi (pre-2010), Toyota, Daihatsu and Mazda vehicles as well as certain ranges in vehicles such as Hyundai (pre-2010), Kia (pre-2010), Daewoo, Fiat and pre-2005 BMWs.
• Requires professional installation although installation is simple (it’s plug and play with no wires requiring to be cut) and all products come standard with a free installation voucher for one of the many Approved Installers.
Your marketing plan needs to include:
• Your target market (Hint: This product is not universally compatible with all cars so a general target market selection is not likely to be effective).
• A basic SWOT analysis
• A competitor analysis
• An analysis and recommendation around the four P's - product, price, promotion, place
• A basic action plan with deliverables and timings
• A basic marketing budget utilising the recommended spend
• The sky is the limit, so go ahead – blow us away!
What you need to know:
• You have a R500 000 budget for both media and production.
• The plan must be implementable within a 6 month period.
• You may use in mediums you believe are suitable to achieving awareness and sales for this product
• The judging panel consists of:
Lidia Paly (Editor, Practical Marketing)
Mike Rubenstein (Head of Marketing: BankservAfrica)
Dean Kann (Marketing Manager: Bluebird Carnect)
Lia Smit (Connection Strategist: The Media Shop)
• The Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• The winning proposal will be published in the next issue of Practical Marketing.
• The prize may not be exchanged for cash.
• Product terms and conditions are applicable.